Lorna has forged a strong reputation in all areas of child law. Her regular appearances at High Court and Court of Appeal level in private and public law areas are testament to the energy, preparation and skill she brings to both the advocacy and written elements of each case.
Lorna has the ability to ensure that clients who find themselves in complex, sensitive and emotionally charged situations feel able to have their cases understoodm whether they are social work professionals, teenage parents, alleged abusers or children themselves. She has a lengthy history of working with those with reduced capacity and understanding. She has acted for Local Authorities, Cafcass Guardians, parents, children and as an advocate to the Court.
In addition to Children Act and Adoption Proceedings, Lorna has a keen interest in cases with international dimensions.
Areas of expertise
– Allegations of serious physical abuse (especially those the subject of medical dispute/controversy such as brain injury, sudden death in infancy, starvation and FII).
– The death of children and of parents.
– Sexual abuse (including allegations of paedophile rings). – Decision making processes of local authorities and their role in both Care and Judicial Review proceedings.
– Child Abduction.
– International Movement of Children.
– Recognition and Enforcement of Foreign Orders.
– Applications for the withdrawal of medical treatment.
– Same sex parenting.
– Intractable contact disputes (including those where ‘parental alienation’ is alleged).
– Issues of children or other vulnerable witnesses giving evidence.
– Care cases with concurrent criminal proceedings (murder, allowing the death of a child, cruelty and terrorism) and associated issues of disclosure. – Vulnerable and mentally incapacitated adults.
The clerking office will be able to recommend Ms Meyer if she is suitable for your particular case.