Provision of Services Act

In accordance with the Provision of Services Act 2009 we’ve detailed below information about KCH Garden Square, we also have more information in our terms of business.


Our aim is to give our clients a good service at all times.


Business information

KCH Garden Square
1 Oxford Street, Nottingham, NG1 5BH.
Telephone +44 (0) 115 941 8851
Fax +44 (0) 115 941 4169
DX 10042 Nottingham

96a New Walk, Leicester, LE1 7EA.
Telephone +44 (0) 116 298 7500
Fax +44 (0) 116 298 7501
DX 17003 Leicester 2

Our VAT Number is: 745 7061 25


Professional Indemnity Insurance

Every barrister must have professional indemnity insurance and this is provided by Bar Mutual (BMIF) which provides cover for individual Barristers of £2.5 million with additional professional indemnity top up cover provided by TLO.

Bar Mutual was set up by barristers for barristers and is not a commercial insurance company, however, they can be contacted through:

The Managers of BMIF, 90 Fenchurch Street, London EC3M 4ST.
Telephone +44 (0) 20 7621 0405
Fax +44 (0) 20 7283 5988.

TLO Insurance Services Limited, 62 Pall Mall, London, SW1Y 5HZ.
Telephone +44 (0) 20 7839 0472
Fax +44 (0) 20 7839 0444


Authorisation Scheme

We are regulated by the Bar Council and the Bar Standards Board (BSB) to provide legal services in England and Wales. Chambers and barristers are governed by The 8th Edition of the Code of Conduct which is available from the Bar Standards Board website listed below.

The Bar Standards Board, 289 – 293 High Holborn, London, WC1V 7HZ.
Telephone +44 (0) 20 7611 1444
Fax +44 (0) 20 7831 9217



If you are not satisfied with the service you have received and wish to make a complaint, please let us know as soon as possible. You do not need to involve your solicitor to make a complaint, but you are free to do so if you want to. Chambers will only consider complaints that are raised within six months of the act or omission complained of. We will only consider complaints made by a client or an instructing solicitor of a member of Chambers.


Complaints made by telephone

If you would prefer to talk to someone about your complaint then please call Anthony Krogulec, based at our Nottingham office. If the complaint is regarding Anthony Krogulec, please call the Heads of Chambers. The person you contact will make a note of the details of your complaint and what you would like to be done about it. They will discuss your concerns with you and aim to resolve them.

If the matter can be resolved at that stage, we will make a record of your complaint and the outcome. You may also wish to record the outcome of the telephone discussion in writing. If your complaint cannot be resolved on the telephone, we will ask you to write to us about it, so it can be investigated formally.


Complaints made in writing

Please give the following details:

Your name and address;
Which member(s) of Chambers or staff you are complaining about;
Why you are complaining; and
What you would like done to resolve your complaint.

Please address your letter to:
Head of Chambers, KCH Garden Square, 1 Oxford Street, Nottingham NG1 5BH.

or for DX users, MDX 10042 NOTTINGHAM.

We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint in writing and provide you with details of how your complaint will be dealt with. We will aim to do this within seven days.

Our complaints panel is made up of experienced members of Chambers and a senior member of staff. The Head of Chambers (or his deputy in his absence) will appoint a member of the panel to investigate your complaint. If your complaint is against the Head of Chambers, the next most senior member of the panel will investigate it. In any case, the person appointed will be someone other than the person you are complaining about. The person appointed to investigate will write to you as soon as possible to let you know that they have been appointed and the date by which they anticipate being able to respond to your complaint.

They will conduct an investigation into your complaint and reach findings and, if appropriate, make proposals for resolving the complaint. They will report those findings to the person about whom you have complained. If the findings and proposals for resolving your complaint are accepted by the person about whom you have complained, those findings and any proposals will be reported to you immediately. If not, your complaint will be referred to a committee of three members of the complaints panel, including neither the person who investigated your complaint, nor the person about whom you have complained. The committee will reach a final decision on your complaint and will inform you of their conclusions, the reasons for their conclusions and their proposals for resolution of your complaint.


Complaints to the Legal Ombudsman or Bar Standards Board

If you are dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you have the right to complain to the Legal Ombudsman, who deals with complaints concerning the level of service you have received. You must have already raised your complaint with Chambers before the Ombudsman will consider it.

You can write to the Ombudsman at:
PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ.
Telephone +44 (0) 300 555 0333

If you are complaining about professional misconduct by a barrister, a complaint can be made to the Bar Standards Board. There is a six-month time limit from the date of the act or omission about which you are complaining within which to make your complaint. If you have raised your complaint with Chambers first, there is a three month time limit from the conclusion of the investigation by Chambers in which to raise your complaint with the Board.

You can write to the Complaints Team at:
The Bar Standards Board, 289 – 293 High Holborn London, WC1V 7HZ.
Telephone +44 (0) 20 7611 1444



All conversations and documents relating to the complaint will be treated as confidential and will be disclosed only to the extent that is necessary to investigate and determine your complaint. The Bar Standards Board is entitled to inspect the documents and seek information about the complaint when discharging its auditing and monitoring functions.


Records and Monitoring

As part of our commitment to client care we make a written record of any complaint and retain documents and correspondence generated by the complaint for a period of six years. Our management committee inspects an anonymised record regularly with a view to improving services.


Applicable Law

Unless otherwise agreed the English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any claim, dispute or difference concerning our services and any matter arising from it.

Contact a clerk | Email us

Contact information
KCH Garden Square
1 Oxford Street,
Nottingham, NG1 5BH.
Telephone +44 (0) 115 941 8851
Fax: +44 (0) 115 941 4169
DX 10042 Nottingham
96a New Walk,
Leicester, LE1 7EA.
Telephone +44 (0) 116 298 7500
Fax +44 (0) 116 298 7501
DX 17003 Leicester 2

Email us

Twitter Feed
  1. @KCH_GardenSq: Lets us work with you to get the result you wanton child access. #Leicester
  2. @KCH_GardenSq: In the Supreme Court w/c 16 October 2017 #Legal #Notts