Iain Goldrein QC
Year of Call 1975, Year of Silk 1997
Mr Goldrein QC has written an article about Public Interest in the court-room which can be viewed here, and is also the Consulting Editor of ‘Commercial Litigation in Hong Kong a Practical Guide’.
Mr Goldrein QC sits on the panel of Mediators of Consensus Mediation.
Iain is now an Advisory Editor for the new Malaysian White Book, which was published 28th October 2013. He is also a Supervisory Editor of The Hong Kong Edition of Bullen and Leake and Jacob, Precedents of Pleadings — to be published at the end of November 2013.
Iain is delighted to accept the invitation to be a Commissioner of the Mayoral Commission [6 Commissioners] for the Environmental Sustainability of Liverpool.
And, Iain has also accepted an invitation to join the International Advisory Board of the Centre for Islamic Finance at Bolton University. This is of particular immediate relevance, given the Conference of the World Islamic Economic Forum which was held in London in October 2013. The Prime Minister led Britain’s efforts to become a global centre of Islamic finance and to welcome fresh investment.
Iain can also be found on LinkedIn here.
Area of Practice, Crime
– Serious crime (complex statistical and medical evidence; covert recording and RIPA ; anonymous prosecution witnesses, genetic issues.
– Health and Safety (Gross negligence/corporate manslaughter).
Area of Practice, Civil
– Clinical Negligence – particularly complex medical issues.
– Professional Negligence – with particular reference to surveyors and solicitors.
– Personal Injury litigation – with particular reference to catastrophic injury claims.
– Product liability and multi party actions.
– Insurance coverage disputes.
– Judicial Review.
– Human Rights Act 1998.
– Liquor and betting licensing.
Area of Practice, Family
– Children Act (factitious induced illness; sudden death syndrome).
– Human fertilisation / embryology / genetics.
– Ancillary Relief.
– Negligence in family law.
Area of Practice, Mediation
– Commercial, Civil and Family accredited by the ADR Group.
– Panel Deemster: Isle of Man from 2012.
– Deputy High Court Judge [Family Division] from 2008.
– Recorder with authority to sit in; Crime [from 1995]; Civil [from 1998]; Family [from 1999].
– Member of the Mental Health Review Tribunal [Restricted Cases Panel] 1999–2002.