Ben was called to the Bar in 1994. He is a predominately a criminal barrister appearing primarily in the Crown Courts of the Midlands and Oxford, and the Court of Appeal. He also undertakes civil work covering most aspects of the General Common law.
Summary – Criminal law
Ben has acted in cases in the following areas:
– Serious acts of violence (including Murder, Wounding, and Armed Robbery)
– Public Order (including Violent Disorder and Affray)
– Robbery (including Armed Robbery)
– Sexual offences against adults and children (including Rape and Indecent Assault)
– Child pornography offences
– Drugs offences (including substantial conspiracies to supply)
– Fraud (including Insurance frauds, Bank Frauds, Counterfeiting, and Social Security Frauds)
– Serious Motoring Offences (including Death by Driving)
– Trading Standards offences
– Trade Mark offences (including large scale counterfeiting)
– Planning offences
Summary – Civil law
Ben’s civil area of practice covers most aspects of the General Common Law and in particular in the fields of personal injury, contract and residential possession.
His field of practice includes:
– Personal Injury, Fatal accidents, industrial accidents and diseases
– Contract and Commercial litigation (including Sale of Goods)
– Landlord and Tenant (residential)
Ben practices as a Criminal and Civil barrister.